This salad is a healthy side dish alternative to macaroni or potato salad for your summer barbeques. Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer. It’s also perfect for a picnic! Just add some chicken to make healthy and delicious wraps. Always make sure your salads remain chilled! Because this one doesn’t have mayo it is not as prone to spoilage in the hot weather.
* Prepare a day in advance to allow the flavors to sink in. Serves approx 8-10.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 3 cans of white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup white onion, minced
- 1/3 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup red pepper, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
1) In a small bowl, combine lemon, olive oil, garlic powder, green onion, and dill. Cover and refrigerate.
Combine all other salad ingredients in a large bowl.2) Gradually stir in the dressing, mixing gently to coat all of the salad ingredients
Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.